December 10, 2014

Leftover Turkey Gumbo

Hey! 

I wanted to share a recipe I found that my husband just adored. It's very hearty, slightly spicy, and will use up a lot of leftover Thanksgiving/Christmas turkey. It's a turkey and andouille sausage gumbo. Here's the link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/turkey-andouille-gumbo-recipe.html The directions are slightly vague so you might feel a little lost during the process. My advice is add 2 1/2 or 3 quarts of stock (I used chicken stock) instead of just 2. The sauce is extremely thick so extra liquid will help. Also, don't be afraid to add extra spices. While I was cooking it I only added a pinch or so of each and I needed much more. Lastly, be patient. It's a simple dish but takes a while to cook. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! 

Love ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment